Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Just Starting

I just got the kids to bed, I'm tired, but determined to get this started. I've been reading my friends blogs all summer and want to join in the fun!! Todd is away on a business trip. We are busy with school, soccer, cub scouts, brownie scouts, preschool and ballet. Also, with a 12 week old puppy. Rusty is a miniature long hair dachshund.
Today, 9~11 is a very emotional day. I remember that morning, I was awakened by a phone call from Todd's dad. "Where is he?"(since he travels a lot) Thankfully he was on the west coast. He told me to turn on my TV and I just watched it for hours. I was in shock. Todd has stayed in the Marriott there. All flights were cancelled, so he and a co-worker had to rent a car to come home. We were glad to have him home and pray for all those families. We will NEVER forget.
Good Night!

2 comments:

Raimi said...

I'm glad you started your Blog! It has been an emotional day. I don't think any of us will ever forget. I remeber sitting on the FR floor with Tanner & Carter who was 6 months old exactly on that day! I felt scared for these two little boys & the world that we lived in! I am so thankful for the men & women who did so much to try to protect the lives of others!

Raimi

Anonymous said...

Glad you're blogging, too! Cute pictures of the kids.

I will never forget 9/11 -- I heard everything unravel while I was out delivering newspapers in the wee hours of the morning. I came up,woke up G and we just sat there and watched -- stunned.