R with his first retainer. 1/07
R with his braces. 9/07
No peeking!!!!
R got his first adjustable retainer in January 2007. He had it until September 2007 when he out grew it and then he got his first phase of braces(only on the top). It is amazing how fast the mouth and teeth move. I thought it would take a lot longer. He had his braces a little longer than a year. So now we are back to a retainer, just to keep the teeth in place until the permanent teeth come in. It's a different retainer, thicker up top. So he is learning to talk again. Also, he can't eat with it in like his other retainer. So, he has a case to bring to school with him when he has lunch. I told him about being responsible with it and not lose it. When I was in elementary school, my friend had a retainer and she lost it. She put it in a napkin during lunch and threw it away. She was crying, so I helped her go through all the garbage bags looking for it. (Gross!) We found it. The orthodontist thinks he'll only have this retainer for a few months until the new teeth come in. Then they will re-evaluate his mouth and see if he needs a full set of braces or not. Look at his SMILE! 10/08
Orlando
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment