Sunday, January 4, 2009

Nine in '09

I got this idea from a sister I served with on my mission. Thanks Angie!
She challenged everyone to accomplish 9 things in 2009. They can be big things, small things, fun things, frivolous things or serious things. Just things that when you read this a year from now you can say, "I did that and I'm glad I did!"
If you'd like to join me, I'd love to read them.

1. Of course, exercise and loose some weight. I've been saying that since I had "K"(almost 5 years ago!!) This will be my year! Depending on the day, I will either get up early or after I put the kids down, get on the treadmill and run!! Also, I loved aerobics in college, so I'd like to do that again. Either watch a DVD or join a class.
2. Read my scriptures daily And as a family. Also, have family prayer together at night. I want my kids to have that in their daily life. The scriptures have so many answers in them. This will be my spiritual growth year!
3. Go on regular dates with Todd. Actually plan them and get a sitter. Put it on the calendar so it happens! Since he travels so much, it can be hard.
4. Use a quieter voice at home and with my kids. I don't like all the yelling, so I'll be the example first for my kids. The still small voice. We are working on respect too!
5. Go to the Temple monthly; by myself, with Todd, with friends or with the ward. I love the spirit there and the things I learn.
6. I want to get my house organized and cleaned!! There are so many papers everywhere, I need to find a system. Everything needs a home. Get rid of things we haven't used in a couple years. Give to others who are less fortunate. Our friends Amy & Pete inspired Todd & I, thanks!!(Gorgeous home)
7. Walk my dog, Rusty, daily(at least 5 days). We both can use it! If you see me, wave!
8. Set time aside for Me. I really need to get caught up on my scrapbooks. I love and enjoy doing it. Scrappy Hour!! Also, I love reading now, thanks Stephenie Meyer; you are a great author. Lots of great books out there to read and fill my mind. If you have any favorites let me know. Girls Nights Out are a must too! I need to schedule my time or it will get away from me. An hour here or an hour there.
9. Learn to say, NO! I can't do everything. Todd's biggest pet-peeve. I just love to help people, so it's hard. I need to learn balance. There's a time and season for everything.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I like it! Thanks for taking the challenge!

Julie@My5monkeys said...

what a great idea..good luck with the 9 goals

Raimi said...

Great to dolist for 2009-you can do them all! I will have to jot mine down too! You are wonderful! Thanks for being a great friend!