Friday, October 16, 2009

Mohonk Mountain, NY

Lisa at our yummy lunch.

Climbing some tall ladders and rocks.

Narrow pathways on our hike.

Here's a view from our hike of the Mohonk Mountain house.

Todd in front of the tower at the end of our hike. We made it!!

Our first day in New York, we went up north to Mohonk Mountain House. It is absolutely gorgeous. If I had to move somewhere, this would be in the top of my list. We had lunch inside at their buffet, the food was very yummy. Great views out the window. It had snowed last night, so it was cold!! After lunch we went on our hike up to the top of the mountain. There was snow on the ground, in some places. We went on the Labyrinth trail and it is something else. We had to climb lots of ladders that are crooked and formed around big boulders and walk through very tight pathways. I could see some people getting stuck in there, not being able to continue because they couldn't get through. We had walk sideways in places to get past. It definitely was a work out. It felt like some of the challenges on Amazing Race, don't give up. I wish I had longer legs, I'm sure it was a guy that built it. It was a fun experience. We made it to the top of the tower and then took the normal path back down. It was a great start to our trip!! Then we headed to New Paltz, NY to go to the Headless Horseman Haunted House. It is #1 in the country. They have a haunted hayride, corn maze and 3 haunted houses. It is very scary and not for children. We had a good time. This is Todd's favorite holiday. They didn't allow cameras, so no pictures, darn.

No comments: